Monday, May 22, 2017

Kiwi-Ritas Are Good

It's been cold and rainy here, almost like winter is trying to hang on for dear life, occluding spring in his desperation. I'm hoping he finally takes a hike this week because I'm really tired of cold and wet. I want to be able to complain about heat and humidity instead - LOL. I guess this dislike of drippy days and grey skies are one more reason why I don't live in the Pacific Northwest of the USA.


Our Kiwi-Ritas weren't quite this fancy, but they were
really refreshing and good. I'd absolutely have one again. 



DH and I spent a rather lazy Sunday. After a late breakfast, we settled down at our computers and played Lord of the Rings Online for a few hours, then went to Outback Steakhouse to have a delayed celebration of my birthday with a nice dinner. DH had a really nice piece of prime rib and I had a 9-oz center cut sirloin, we each had a lovely salad and a Kiwi-rita - a margarita made with kiwi juice. It was really good - tart and smooth. We brought meat back home with us for another meal, picked up fancy cupcakes at our local grocer for a late dessert, and had a lovely afternoon and evening.


DH's prime rib was really good, and a good cut of the meat
for a change. My sirloin was also really good, although
slightly overcooked. It was a nice treat, though, and I
thoroughly enjoyed my delayed birthday dinner. 


Now it's back to the grindstone. I'm in the midst of writing my "heroes" story, and if I don't get gas in my car before heading to my chiropractor this morning, I might not make it back. So I'm up a bit earlier than usual and will leave home a bit earlier because getting gas is an essential addition to my tight morning schedule.

Nothing much else to report today, so I'll sign off and get things wrapped up before I leave. I hope all of you have a wonderful and effective Monday and I'll be back, hopefully with just a little more time, tomorrow.


No comments: