Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Fate Takes a Hand & Saturn's Beauty

Fate stepped in and resolved the mouse issue quickly. Yesterday morning when I powered up the laptop, the mouse was dead. No power. Changed my battery, still no power. Tried a couple of other things, but no. So off to the office supply store I hustled, and after trying out several sample models I ended up with another Logitech. This one is a bit more upscale, it uses two batteries instead of one and has a nice, crisp feel for the buttons. It's still not fancy, but it was more than $10. If I get a few years from it, I'll be happy.


The Google Cartoon for today shows Cassini moving between Saturn and
the planet's rings. It's really rather incredible. Check out this photo from
April 22nd. 



I think my body is telling me to take a day off. In the early hours of the morning, I stubbed my little toe against a door frame and now, more that two hours later, it still hurts like the dickens. Of course, it's my "day off" so I'll be on my feet for a lot of the day, plus it's raining and will be raining throughout the day. My mood is not great, still, the show must go on. I'm divided about swimming, though. I'm thinking I'll take the day away from the pool and tape my toe firmly so that I can walk with less pain. Of course, I still have ten minutes to make up my mind, so I can change it and try the pool.


There's something absolutely magical about Saturn and its rings. I've been in
love with Saturn since I first saw drawings of it. To actually see photographs
of the planet in real life/real time is more than amazing. 


Short and sweet today. Have a wonderful and joy-filled spring/fall day and enjoy your Wednesday. I'll try my best to be more mobile by tomorrow.

No comments: