Saturday, March 11, 2017

Squee and More 365-Day Meme

A total squee and several entries in the 365-Day Meme are what I have planned for today. I was going to only deal with the Meme, but I edited and posted my next tale in B2MeM last night and saw a comment this morning that just totally MADE MY DAY! In my tale "Job Security" two torturers worried about their continued employment make a visit to the King - Aragorn. The two torturers were borrowed from Dusk Peterson's amazing universe, the Eternal Dungeon. This morning I found a comment from Mr Peterson praising my take on the story and asking permission to link to it for his own blog and social media contacts. I'm totally THRILLED. What a wonderful way to start my day. Of course, I gave him permission and thanked him for reading and for writing such amazing characters. Now ... on to the Meme.


I don't know how I found out about Dusk Peterson's
amazing series, but I love it. It was a joy to
borrow his characters and even better to have a
positive comment from him in my in-box this morning. 



How important do you think education is?

Education comes in so many different forms. I wrote a lot of words here, and deleted them all, and came back to the fact that education is what you make of it. It can help determine areas of interest and point out roads to achieve a career in those areas, but education is present in all aspects of life, both in the classroom and outside of it. It doesn't have to be formal to be education, although a good teacher is overworked, underpaid, and all too rare. 


Teachers have influenced me in good and in bad ways
throughout my life. It's the good ones I want to remember
and celebrate. If all teachers were good ones, education
would have a value higher than gold. 


List five celebrities that you’re attracted to.

I guess I would have to know five celebrities to list. I really don't give much of a darn about movie stars and popular musicians, so I'm passing on this one because I'm drawing a total blank. 


I love animated movies like "Despicable Me". 


What is your favorite movie? What is it about?

"Lord of the Rings", of course, and I think the plot goes without explanation to most of my friends. For animated movies, it's a triple tie between "Despicable Me", "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Kung Foo Panda". I really prefer animated movies. 

What kind of person attracts you?

I like someone intelligent, unafraid to express opinions or to accept those of others, and who enjoys cultural activities like attending concerts and going to museums. 

A problem that you’ve had.

My perennial problem is a distinct lack of time to do all of the things I want to do - writing, making art, and still spending quality time with DH. 


I love old cemeteries and evocative cemetery photography. 


Someone/something you miss.

I miss my parents, but I think I share that with many other people. Except for that, I try not to live too much in the past. 

Someone who fascinates you and why?

Any really successful author who can manage to write books for a living. Wow. I struggle through small stories. The professional authors I know are dedicated to writing 5000-10,000 words a day, seven days a week. They are producing anywhere from 2-6 formally published books a year, and they are promoting those books through blogs, meet-and-greets, and other social media events. It's a LOT of work, but what a wonderful way to make a living! 


Time at the beach to relax and enjoy sun, sand, drinks and
a time without deadlines or customers. That would be heaven! 


Last entry for this group:  Who would you love to trade places with for a day and why?

Anyone who is taking a day to relax on a warm beach in a sunny climate with a shade over me to protect me from the sun and a nice cabana boy to bring me drinks. 

Well, that's it for this session. Have a great weekend and I'll be back, a bit rushed and driving through snow to get to my Chiropractor's on time. 

No comments: