Friday, March 10, 2017

It's Friday! Just In Case You Hadn't Figured That Out

Thank goodness it's Friday. It's been a really hard week and I'm totally exhausted. But I'm still writing and posting. Today's story concerns "Torture" and I'm trying to figure out what angle I want to take. On one hand, it could be like Dusk Petersen's "Tales From the Eternal Dungeon", on the other hand it could be as minor as screeching kids or nails down a chalkboard (do they even have chalkboards in schools anymore?). I wend with humor for yesterday's "Obstacle" tale "A Midsummer's Day Race in Rivendell", choosing to use obstacle as a physical challenge instead of a burden. The race was the second try for this theme, the first just didn't float so I abandoned it and started anew.


A cross-country obstacle-laden race in Rivendell? It seemed
like the perfect response for the theme. 


Yesterday was a day filled with hockey, and today and Saturday also will be full of guys in strange uniforms with sharp blades on their feet moving very quickly on ice. It's fun, and I love ice hockey, but by the time the final games were on last night I was so exhausted that I fell asleep in my chair at my computer. Silly me. Of course it didn't help that I had a restless night, but still, I could have just turned everything off and gone to sleep instead of being uncomfortable for 30 minutes or so.


I was actually sleeping sitting up in my desk chair, but
couldn't find a photo with the correct position. Oh well,
the thought was the same - sleeping instead of being alert. 


We're cold today - after a week in the 60's and 50's, we're back into single digits and I'll be bundling up once again. Currently, it's 7. Ick! I am SO ready for this winter to be over already. There's just nothing fun at all about being cold, and paying monthly heating bills that are as high as they get when our temps dip also sucks!


I'm so happy it's Friday. I really need the week to start winding down. 


OK, there should be something I can say that's positive besides the fact that it's Friday and I'm still up-do-date with my writing. But honestly, I can't think of anything. I'm claiming Brain Freeze! So here's hoping you have a wonderful Friday and are nice and warm and cuddly. I'll be back tomorrow and I think I'll do a few more entries from the 365-day meme - fast, easy, and no major thought required. Perfect for a weekend - LOL.


No comments: