Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Dystopian Themes - FX and the State of the Union

Oy! I'm really running late today! Did any of you watch Trump's "State of the Union" address last night? DH watched it all, but I can't listen that long to our new President, so I watched Face-off and switched to the speech during the commercials. Face-off featured 'war cars' - vehicles like you would see in a Mad Maxx movie. The FX artists had to choose one of the vehicles and design the driver who drove it. It was a great dystopian theme and matched the "I will build a great wall" BS that was being spouted in front of a very clearly divided Congress.



I love the vehicles from the Mad Maxx movies. Of course, I love cars
in general, but that dystopian world has its own parameters which are
shown in the people as well as their transport. 


I'll read a synopsis of the speech today. I don't want to be oblivious to what's happening in my nation, but I don't have to listen to it live. Ick ... just ICK.


I'm looking forward to seeing Doctor Strange. We wanted to catch it
in the theatre, but weather and time just didn't permit. By the time
we had a chance to get over there, the movie had travelled on. 


Today is my "day off" and as usual I have a million errands to run, but when I get back from those (hopefully with a copy of Dr Strange in my hands), I'll finish the final polish on my SWG story and get it posted. Then I can take a look at what's going on with B2MeM. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to participate this year, but time will tell.


Android has a thing for sweet stuff. Last night my phone wanted to update
with Android Nougat, so I am now running the next sweet thing. I'm not
seeing a lot of difference yet, but these things take a bit of time and
exploration, which I didn't do last night. 


I get WAY too many emails on my phone (I do on my computer too, but that's a different problem). Yesterday I went through them with a scythe, dropping my more than 1200 notifications down to a mere 14. If I can keep up with deletions, I'll keep that under control and won't have to go through so many again. It's a goal, at any rate. I also upgraded to "Nougat" later in the evening. It has some interesting features. Now to play and begin to understand the new notifications, etc.




So have a wonderful Wednesday, try not to get too depressed about politics, and just remember to build kindness instead of a wall. We'll survive this, but our reputation as a country of open doors for the displaced is getting seriously besmirched. *sigh*.


No comments: