Friday, March 3, 2017

B2MeM Progresses and More 365-Day Meme

So B2MeM is fully underway. I posted "An Orc's Perspective" yesterday, and last night pounded out the next story on my Red path which I'll do a quick proof of this morning and then get up. This second story deals with the subject Major Life Changes and went in a totally different direction from what I had originally envisioned. It's good, but a bit frustrating, when characters do that to an author. It happens to me a lot, so I guess I should be used to the rollercoaster and the fact that I often get off at a different stop than I had intended.


Plots are rather like rollercoasters. You start out with a specific end point
in mind, but it takes a lot of twisting around to get there. My characters seem
to have a life of their own, and they sometimes really surprise me. 



I haven't done the 365-day meme in quite a while, so I'm diving into that.


Who knows what the future will bring? With care, a path can
be plotted, but just like the rollercoaster I just discussed, the
end point can be very different than originally envisioned. 


What do you hope your future will be like? 

I'm really hoping to be able to concentrate on creative things for the final 20-25 years of my life. I'm being optimistic, both in scope as well as in years lived, but why not. I'm fortunate with my health after years of problems, and I have no reason to think I won't be successful at aging without grace - ie, kicking and screaming as I'm pulled into every physical and/or mental limitation that may come my way. It's time to play! 


My first love started before I knew what love was. I was very lucky.
As I've grown up, I've realized that not everyone had an amazing
Dad to love and care about. 


Write about your first love.

My Dad was everything to me - gentle, teaching, very tall (of course, that was from a child's perspective) and he smelled good. It worked! He was a very special man and since his birthday was a few days ago (although he died many years ago), it's nice to think of him again. 

What were your highs and lows of the past year?

(I'm going to skip the one about playlists because it will take too much time today, but I'll come back to it another day since I've been thinking about doing it as a general post.) So - onwards to the next prompt. My highs and lows? High - the castle getting built last year and getting DH to really focus on retirement. Low - business, which is increasingly difficult, and housecleaning which is the opposite side of the retirement coin. 


I was very lucky with my parents. They were supportive,
nurturing, and allowed me to find both my wings and my
independence. 


Write a letter to your parents.

Dear Mom and Dad - Thanks! 

Write a letter to your reflection in the mirror.

Dear Me - It's only age, and it could be worse. You've never been a raving beauty, so get over it! 

and one last entry to bring me into mid-February dates ...

Write a letter to someone who broke your heart.

Dear Someone - I was really stupid, wasn't I? Wrong horse, wrong wagon. I grew up, though, and got stronger, so thanks ... in a really backhanded way. 

And that's a wrap. Have a wonderful Friday. I'll be posting my B2MeM stories onto Faerie archive, but probably batch them several at a time since they are relatively short (at least so far). I'm going to try to do that once a week, if I can keep to schedule. Enjoy your day! 


No comments: