Thursday, February 16, 2017

A Post of Time, Thanks and More Meme

The email swamp is full and I'm WAY behind. I want to thank all of you who have reviewed "Solitude", I'll be responding within a day or so. I also want to thank various friends for emailing me or responding to my blog posts. I'm trying hard to catch up. Limited time is really difficult when it is compounded by even more limited time, and, unfortunately, that's my situation right now.


My introduction to "Lord of the Rings" was the original Ballentine
editions published around 1967. I remember first reading them when
I was in my first or second year of Junior High, when many of you
would be calling Middle School. That meant I was in grade 7 or 8 at
the time. I remember weeping when Gandalf died - absolutely heartbroken. 


On the plus side:

  • My V-Day weight gain is already gone (huzzah and hurrah) and there should be a new SWG Challenge waiting for me to take a look. 
  • Tonight is either the final or the first of two final episodes of Project Runway Season 2, and DH has a hockey game to keep him occupied tonight. AND
  • I've been playing one of my lower-level characters in Lord of the Rings Online and am remembering once again how much I really enjoy wandering the lands of Middle Earth. In my own personal cycle of Tolkien adoration (since I first read LOTR in 1967-68), I'm heading back up the roller coaster of love and addiction again. Yes, I'm a Tolkien nerd, and I'm NOT looking for a cure. 


I think I'll continue on with the 365-day meme because I'd like to get more caught up. So here we go ...


Although I get stressed by a lot of things, I also operate
really well under stress, so I self-impose stress into my
life. Probably too often for my own good. 

What stresses you?

I get stressed by thinking about governmental paperwork (even though I deal with that monthly as a business owner), going to the dentist (2X a year without fail, but I don't enjoy it), and having outside forces scheduling my time (usually consisting of DH deciding we need to do X when I had planned to do Y).

Your relationship status and how you feel about it.

Married - usually happily. Are there things I would change? Sure. But people being people, you're just not going to love 100% everything about them all of the time. I shoot for 70%-80% good times, and I'm usually pretty happy.

Where you'd like to be in ten years.

Let's start by being alive and healthy with a sturdy roof over my head, money in the bank, and food in my refrigerator. Secondarily, let's hope I'm living in a nation where it is safe to venture outside of my home, where I have good friends and fun places to go, and where I am still active physically and mentally. That'll all work!

Your views on drugs and alcohol,

Drugs can be a problem, at least the heavier-duty ones. Alcohol can also be a problem for a lot of people, but I got over my problems with it long ago and just indulge minimally now. The hangovers weren't worth the high any more. Should everything be illegal? Not necessarily.


The Horse - yeah. That pretty well describes me. The
good and the bad, both. 


What is your Zodiac sign? Does it fit your personality?

I'm a Taurus - the bull - in the standard Zodiac. Of course, there are a lot of different Zodiacs and in some changes I become an Aries. In the Chinese Zodiac I'm a Horse with a Fire indicator. I can live with all of these. It's all fun.

So there we go, another five quick entries for the 365-day meme. Nothing deep and psychologically scarring - yet! I hope all of you have a wonderful Thursday. I'm going to try and catch up on some emails (about 100 of them) and clear my schedule so that I can watch Project Runway Junior tonight. Enjoy your day!



No comments: