Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Postcards, Face-Off and Meme - A Busy Post

Postcards to send to my Senators were harder to find than I thought. I finally dropped by Etsy, found some perfect ones, and ordered them. They're already in the mail to me, so I'll get those postcards written and mailed off to my Senators within the next week. When I do, that will complete the first of the 10 Actions for 100 Days. Haven't heard of this? It's a continuation of the Women's March and I discussed it in my blog of Monday, January 23rd. (Or just follow the link for more information.)



Winter Storm Leo has hit the Western US quite hard over the past 48
hours, and now it's our turn. It seems to be veering a bit south of us,
though, so we may just get skimmed by this one. Minneapolis
is the city box at the upper right, and we're on the edge. 


I do live in the Frozen Northlands, but we've been having a week of meltdown and some nice(er) temperatures. That's going to be stopping today as the Western US sends us their snow. Our expected snow amounts and the times it will be falling keep dropping, though, so I'm hopeful we'll be on the 3-inch level instead of the 6-10 inch level. But, it's January in Minnesota. We're not going to escape snow.


I love good FX make-up. This creature, from an earlier
season of "Face-Off" was beautifully done. 


"Face-Off " Season 11 - All Stars begins tonight and I'm very happy about that! It's always been one of my favorite shows, so I'll happily join DH to watch every week for a while. If you enjoy makeup special effects as used in television and film, you'll enjoy "Face-Off". Check it out.

Onward with the 365-day meme.....


We're walking a tightrope trying to make sure we have the products
our customers want available while getting rid of others -
streamlining the stock, taking inventory, and figuring out
how to move product in alternative ways. 



What's the hardest thing you're dealing with?

DH and I want to retire. It's turning into a monumental task. I really envy people who work in an office for someone else. You can turn in your resignation, pack up a box with your stuff, and walk out the door. When you own your own place, it's a much larger situation with a broad scope. Somehow you need to stay an operational business while shutting things down in the background. It's a tightrope and I don't think DH and I are walking it with much grace yet. We'd better learn our balance quickly!




Today I wish I had more _____?

Time - for me it always comes down to time. I don't have enough time to write. I don't have enough time to do my artwork. I don't have enough time to deep-clean and organize my house. I don't have enough time to play, spend time with DH, or even go on a weekend vacation. Time - it's my friend and my enemy.

So there you go - another post completed, another day commenced. Now to plug in some pictures and get going to the pool. That's time well spent! Have an awesome Tuesday!


No comments: