Monday, January 16, 2017

MLK Day - A Meme - And Yes, It's a Monday!

Happy Martin Luther King Day to my friends in the USA. Although many people will have the day off since it is a Federal holiday, many others (including me) will not, so I'm up, writing my blog, and ready to start my normal routine - swim, shower, eat breakfast, go to work, come home, eat dinner, catch up on computer stuff, go to sleep. OMG - my life sounds so BORING on screen. BLEAH!


Aearwen's 365-day meme turns out to be a few days short,
but since I'm starting it on the 16th of January, I'm just
fine with that. 



My LJ friend and sister from a different mother, Aearwen, is doing something called the 365-day Meme. Obviously today is the 16th of January, but when I went through the list yesterday and numbered the prompts by the date, separated by months, it turned out to be a 348-day meme with the final entry scheduled for December 14th. Unless Aearwen finds additional days, I won't worry about catching up by doing two posts a day for January, I'll just call those first fifteen days a lost two weeks and start January 1st's entry on January 16th. That brings today's meme to the following:

1          What is your number one goal this year?

My personal goal is continuing to clean and de-clutter my house, while doing the same thing at my business. I have my sights set on retirement and the only way to do that is to divest things from our lives so that we can combine two separate and complete lives - work and home - into a single building. That's hard - very, very hard. But we're working on it steadily and I'm slowly feeling more and more confident. Silly, I know, but I have to try my best to make this a reality. 


Taboo is the first challenge for the Silmarillion Writer's Guild.
If you are interested in participating in the challenge, it features
a Bingo-style card with some very interesting story prompts. 


That said, I don't want to stop playing with my creativity either, and the Silmarillion Writers Guild has announced a new direction for their writing challenges this year. Instead of quarterly challenges, they are switching to monthly ones, and they are offering incentive stamps. I love getting stamps (silly, I know, but I enjoy it like a kid enjoys getting a sticker at the grocery store). Additionally, this month's challenge was set up like a Bingo board, reminiscent of the BeMeM Bingo challenge of a few years ago. It's a double love! I'll be taking a close look at it today and thinking about what I can write. 


We ended up with 2-1/2 shelves of DragonLance books, and
3-1/2 shelves of Forgotten Realms books. That equalled out to about
3-1/2 full banker's boxes, so a nice amount of books to organize. Finally
we're through the paperbacks. Time to move on. 


Bouncing back to de-cluttering, since mentioning The Silmarillion reminded me of paperback books, DH and I worked together in the library yesterday and got the last of the "save" books organized by author and shelved. The last few boxes were a bit of a pain because they were DragonLance and Forgotten Realms books - numerous authors contributing to single story lines. But DH got those organized as best he could, and I'm pretty pleased with the results. We still have room in the shelving unit, so I'm super happy about that. We got rid of a bunch of books, but saved the important ones. Now to start the hardcovers - a much harder task. 


I think the Minnesota Wild has one of the nicest logos. I even have
it on the back of my car. I'm very proud of how well our hockey
team is doing this year. Go Wild! 


Here's hoping you have a wonderful day, Yesterday's football games were phenomenal - down to the last seconds, our hockey game was down to the wire but the Minnesota Wild won, and Sherlock's season finale was interesting, thought-provoking, and somewhat troubling. I'm hoping that today is as much fun as yesterday was. Enjoy your Monday! 


No comments: