Friday, January 27, 2017

Ants, Meme and a Project Runway Junior Delay

Although Project Runway Junior was on last night, my usual sources haven't put up their individual photos and analysis yet, so I'm pushing my review off a day or two. It was a fun episode, the "design for real people" challenge, and after airing, we're down to the final seven. I'll try for a Runway review in tomorrow's post instead.


I really hate it when I find ants in my house. I expect a few
when DH is working outside, they will ride in on his clothing.
But it's winter, the outside is covered with snow, and I
guarantee we're not bringing them into the house. I need to
find where they are holed up and kill them quickly! 


I killed my THIRD ant this week in the bathroom sink this morning. This is really bothering me A LOT. I'm seriously considering doing a major clean on Sunday to see if I can find where they are coming from and eliminating them. It would be a hell of a lot of work, but it's really grating on my nerves. I like to reserve my home for two-legged and the occasional furry four-legged critters, and leave the multi-legged ones outside where they belong. GRRRRRRR

Since I'm at looser ends than usual this morning, onward with the 365-day Meme.....


I do't apologize very often, at least not about big or major things.
I haven't seriously hurt anyone lately and I haven't broken or
stolen anything. I'm good to go!  


What's the last thing you apologized for?

A true apology, not just an "I'm sorry, I moved the box from A to B and forgot to put it back?" I don't do a lot to apologize for - in fact, I can't remember the last time I apologized for something serious. I think the last thing I flippantly apologized for was forgetting to buy an item at the grocery store earlier this week, but nothing major for an apology for a long time.


I'm swimming every day. I'm so incredibly happy about that. I'm feeling good.
Here's hoping I can keep that for the next 20 years until my body wears
out and betrays me once again. 


On a scale of 1-10, how is your health?

Pretty darned good, actually. Where Chickie comes through at a 5 (she was just taking a health assessment for her new insurance carrier yesterday) and DH is probably a 6-7 (high blood pressure and a couple of other things), I would probably put myself at a 9 or a 10. I'm not perfect, I'm still 10-12 pounds overweight and working on it, but I don't take any regular medications and my only issues are surface, not internal. More than a decade ago it would have been quite different. Then, I almost died from some serious internal BS. But after surgery and now, after more than two years of almost daily exercise, I'm feeling great! Yippee!

So on that note, have a great Friday. Hopefully I'll be able to post a Project Runway Junior wrap-up for the week tomorrow morning because it was a rather cute episode with some really nice outfits and at least a couple of total disasters. The pics will be fun to show all of you. Enjoy your day!


No comments: