Saturday, December 17, 2016

The Snowblower Saga

We're still under a storm warning, but when I glance out the door, it doesn't look like we got a lot of snow overnight. DH said he would get up at 5:00 am to shovel for me so that I could make it to the pool this morning. Very nice of him. He also said he'd go back to sleep afterward and that I should phone him later this morning to wake him up before the snow blower people might arrive to pick up the snow blower.


They better come and get my snow blower today. 



Speaking of that, they almost cancelled on me yesterday. At 6:15 pm last night I got a call on my cell phone from Beissinger's, my snow blower repair people, telling me that unfortunately they wouldn't be able to pick up my machine today. They said it would be another day but that the schedule would stay the sane and we wouldn't lose our place in line.

I asked why we wouldn't be able to get the machine picked up and he mentioned something about delivering new machines. I said DH had taken the day off from work to be there and that I wanted some kind of compensation, he said I could speak with his manager. Yes - let's do that, shall we?

The Customer Service Manager repeated that information and that he would reschedule. That they wanted to get all of the repaired and new snow blowers out to them ASAP because of the storm. I said, "No, no, no, no, no. Here's the deal. My husband took the day off from work without pay to be able to be home so that you could pick up the snow blower. We're losing a day of pay for that and now you're telling me that new customers take precedence over older, established customers?" I could hear the Manager's huff over the phone.

"We'll pick it up. Fine - we'll pick it up."

"Thank you very much, we appreciate it," I responded. DH was in a foul mood, so I didn't tell him anything about this conversation. All I can say is that they better be here with their truck and pick the snow blower up today, or heads will roll. I really didn't need any additional pressure. GRRRRR.

Here's hoping you have a great weekend. I'm crossing my fingers that when I get home tonight the snow blower will be at the hardware store for repair, the current storm will be past us, and that I'll get my schedule nailed down for next week's busy last week before Christmas.

No comments: