Wednesday, December 7, 2016

MIA - SORRY!

I awakened at the usual 3:15 am yesterday and went to my computer to catch up on my email and write my blog. Although my modem appeared fine, I wasn't getting an internet connection. I fussed with the modem and my computer for a while, unplugged and replugged the modem to reset it, checked settings on the computer, but no - nothing. That resulted in a phone call to Comcast and after they had downloaded a few signals on their end without a fix, led to a scheduled technician visit for between 2:00 and 4:00 pm. My DH phoned me at 11:00 am and everything was operating properly once again, so I cancelled the technician and have chalked it all up to the Gods of the Internet. However - no blog yesterday. Sorry!


I was tearing my hair out trying to get my modem
and computer to talk to one another again. Then
I had a similar problem at the shop between my
laptop and my printer. It was NOT a good day
for me and electronics. 


All of my cards are in the mail. The final address I was awaiting actually arrived on Monday, so I was able to finish the final card and put it into the mail yesterday morning. I have two blank cards in reserve for "emergencies" and am keeping a third one for my personal file, but today I'll be putting my supplies away in their proper places until it's time to make next year's holiday card. I want to thank all of my varied, talented friends - I have more than half of my cards going to internet and/or overseas friends and I love the thought of my cards going all around the world.


In addition, my phone wasn't able to link up to the public
Wi-Fi at my breakfast spot. It was just a day of
electronic misses. What a relief when things seemed
to settle back into place around noon, but a frustrating
nine hours of spinning my electronic wheels. 


I've received cards from Linda Hoyland, Ervinae and cmcmck thus far. I know that's just the beginning of what will be a wonderful spread across my fireplace mantle. I'm starting to get into the holiday mood, even though I'm working six days a week until Christmas Day. There's plenty to do, so at least I'm busy, even though I have to work on my Sundays for a while.


I'll be housecleaning today - putting away my
holiday card supplies, dusting my shelving and
pulling out the vacuum because my carpet is
a total disaster right now. 


I hope your holiday plans are starting to come together. I'll be cleaning today (the house is a MESS), but I'm thinking perhaps I can bake some holiday cookies next Wednesday. I'll have to see - most years I just don't have the time to indulge. Have a great Wednesday and once again, sorry for my absence yesterday.


No comments: