Monday, December 5, 2016

Holiday Cards Are Finished!

Yesterday we had our second snow - so when I awakened at 7:30 am, the first thing I did was shovel the driveway and sidewalks. Now it's quite lovely - warm enough to melt the snow on concrete and the streets (except where the plows deposited extra amounts), but cold enough to keep the snow on the grass and trees. It's one of the better results from a snowfall, and one that will stick around for a while as we drop our temps about 20 degrees colder over the next two days.


It wasn't a big snow, and not super heavy, but we still got
1-1/2 inches or so, so the grass suddenly is wearing its cloak
of white. 


Yesterday was also the first of our three Sundays in December when we will be open for business at the shop - limited hours, but open. It gave me some time to catch up on some of my Creative Writing course, and also gave me time to finish my holiday cards. Yes - THEY'RE DONE! I'll be buying stamps for them this morning and they'll be hitting the mail tonight. I have one set aside for a pending address, but except for the single, they are done!



I've had this lovely card sent to me in a prior year. Such
a beauty. I won't look this elegant when I mail my
holiday cards on the way home from work tonight. 


That search for the white pen/pencil/charcoal ended up being unnecessary - I didn't use it at all in the finished product. There were a couple of other things that I also tried and then set aside as "not working", but those cards still made the final cut. In the main, I'm pleased with how this year's design turned out. Now to turn my thoughts back to actually making a living! I know ... what a shock!




I'm going to have to try to carve writing time out of each day once again. I've done it before, very successfully, but that was before I was swimming every morning. My mornings at the YMCA changed my schedule and my life. I can't give up the benefits to just sit back and regain the weight I've fought to lose. So somewhere in my crazy schedule I have to pigeonhole writing time. I have no idea how I will make that one happen!


So, I've finished this year's holiday cards. Why am I looking
at and shopping for materials for next year's offering? I'm
really liking the look of stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn.
So cute, and with so many great ideas. 


Oh well, I'll worry about that another day. I'm still trying to get my head around what I want to write about. I guess that should probably be the beginning of it all, right? Have a wonderful Monday - I'm already looking forward to my swim followed by a nice breakfast and then a trip to see Susan at the post office for pretty stamps. Huzzah!


No comments: