Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Catch Up and Stocking Stuffers

It's cold out, it's my "day off" and I have to shop for stocking stuffers today. There are various book work things I also have to do - renew a domain name, purchase, install two editing/grammar software programs and do some upkeep in my Scrivner files - but in general, today is focused on stocking stuffers, laundry and groceries. At least the roads aren't bad. I can handle the cold, but when it's mixed with bad roads or ice, it's a lot less fun.


I've owned and used Scrivener for several years now, and
really love it. It can be as complex or simple as you
want, but when you need power behind your writing, it
has all that and more. I'm combining it with two other
programs to improve my final copy before beta. 


DH wants me to join him at Bruegger's for a bagel and coffee this morning, so I will send him a wake up call at 7:00 am and meet him at 8:30 am. They have an unlimited refills mug that I might buy for his stocking if they are still available. His current travel mug is really old and leaks, plus he seems to be making bagels a regular Wednesday stop


DH wanted a coffee maker for single cups that
would take a minimum of counter space (we don't have
much counter space in our kitchen). I found this
Kitchen Select Singler at Target.com for under
$20. I'll take a chance for that kind of expense. 


He also wanted a very small one-cup coffeemaker. I found one with really good reviews at Target online yesterday and ordered it. With shipping for free and using my Target card for the 5% discount, the total sale including sales tax was less than $20! Score me!


I adore Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolates, but only allow
myself to have them once a year for the holidays. So good! 


I'm really trying to stay away from food munchies in his stocking this year, though. Neither of us really need a lot of that. I don't mind some food (hoping for Ferrero Rocher and Lindt Truffles in my stocking), but I don't need to get bunches of sweet candy for him. We don't need all that sugar, and I've actually reached my budget for him.


Lindt Lindor Truffles are a wonderful treat. I adore
the dark chocolate ones, but really, any of them are
fabulous. There is actually a Lindt store in the Mall
of America. I haven't gone there because I don't shop
there, but Chickie has gone and said wondrous things
about the store and the wonderful smell of chocolate. 


The Bead & Button Show catalog arrived in my mail on Monday and I took the afternoon to look through it carefully. I'm really disappointed. There's not a single class I'm interested in taking, so this year might be the first year since the mid-1990's that I'll skip the show. Of course, if I skip Milwaukee, that will leave me money and opportunity to fly to Vermont for a Tolkien get-together that some LJ friends are organizing. I'm currently thinking that might be the winner for my vacation this year. I'll have to see what airfares, etc will cost.


I've been to New York state before, but I've never been
to Vermont. I'd be in the northern portion of the state
near Burlington. It's worth a thought since Milwaukee
looks like a bust for 2017. 


I hope you have a great Wednesday with perfect temperatures and weather. Yeah - right! Well ... I hope you don't have any really bad weather that will keep you from doing the things you still need to do before the holiday. Enjoy!


No comments: