Monday, November 28, 2016

Rain in Late November is OK

We're in that in-between time when snow and rain each seem to have equal footing. Last night and throughout the day today it will be rain because we're just a few degrees above freezing. That's just fine with me. As long as the wet stays above freezing and I don't have to drive on iced-over roads, I'm a very content person.


I love falling asleep to the sound of falling rain. 


I finalized my holiday card list last night. If you were on the fence about asking for one to be sent to you, I still have a few slots open, just message me and I'll add you to my list. I'll be printing up envelopes and doing the final interior designs this week and, if everything goes smoothly, they will start to get mailed during the first full week of December.




The best thing about Thanksgiving is that one large bird can give us a lot of meals. We had our main meal on Thursday, then ate hot turkey sandwiches on Friday. DH had more sandwiches on Saturday while I opted for a day off from turkey and did Chipotle instead, and on Sunday we made new mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy and had another Thanksgiving meal. The carcass has now been denuded and is in the trash, and there are two zip bags of turkey still in the refrigerator for DH to munch on and have for more sandwiches. That's a lot of eating for less than $17. Gotta love it.


DH loves his hot turkey sandwiches. He'll end up finishing all
of the leftover meat by the end of the week. 


Our Friday and Saturday sales went really well. Thank goodness. I think I picked the right items to put on sale and quite a few of our customers came in on both days to take full advantage. Now I can relax again until Christmas and our after-Christmas sale. Guess I'd better start thinking about what I want to feature for the last days of the year.


I don't run Cyber-Monday sales, even though I do have an on-line
presence for the shop. I'm not selling DVD's or TV's. My line
of product works much easier in person. 


I hope all of you have a wonderful Cyber-Monday. I glanced at the advertised sales this morning, but there really wasn't anything that I need, so my bank account will be happy. It'll still be a busy day, though, since Chickie is off on Mondays and I work the sales floor solo most of the time. Have a wonderful Monday, I'm off to the pool. OH, and I just realized, TODAY'S POST IS NUMBER 2400! Yeah me - LOL!


No comments: