Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Going To the Movies

So tonight Chickie and I are going to see "The Secret Life of Pets". It's gotten great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes with a 74% approval rating. The only movie rating higher right now is "Star Trek Beyond" which I also want to see. Unfortunately "Ice Age: Collision Course" is only rating at a 12%. Bummer. I was thinking about going to see that, but I may have to pass.


I love the fact that one of the characters is Pops, a disabled
older dog who has a wheelie. Here's to diversity! 


Another film that's doing well in the theatre is "Ghostbusters" with a 73% approval. An LJ friend of mine saw that within the last week or so and highly recommended it, so I may see that instead of Skrat and the gang from Ice Age.


I was looking forward to "Ice Age: Collision Course" but the reviews
are terrible. Guess I'll skip this one. 


But a movie tonight means a very busy day tomorrow and less sleep than usual. With an 8:00 am appointment with my Computer Guru for my hard-drive swap-out, Wednesday will be crunched for time. Also, these mid-week later-night adventures with Chickie always catch up with me later in the week. So it goes - the sacrifices I make for the sake of modern culture and friendship - LOL.


I might consider going to "Ghostbusters" instead of "Ice Age". Friends who
have seen it have said it's very funny and worth seeing. 


It's a Tuesday at the cinema, so my admission is only $5 and I get free popcorn. If I decide I'd like something more substantial, I can get a hot dog for $2. A night with Chickie at the movies on a Tuesday is certainly within my budget. Huzzah! Have a great day, all. I'll be back tomorrow, smiling from the antics of animated pets.


No comments: