Thursday, July 28, 2016

Breathing Again

Yesterday was SO busy. I'll catch up with your comments and other posts today because my time was spent with computer things yesterday. Sorry - I'm usually much more prompt than that!


I'm usually better at responding to posts and friends comments
than I was yesterday. So sorry. I'll catch up today. 


Dale and I spent more than three hours getting my hard drive switched over, data dumped, tests made, backups performed, etc., etc. It was really great to see him again, but he was a typical Minnesota guy - operating on a very different temperature than I. He always has multiple electronics on, so I expected it to be cool because he'll run A/C to keep cool. But he ran A/C to be cold! By the end of my three hours, I was almost shivering, even though I was wearing a t-shirt and hoodie. I was never so happy to walk into muggy, hot temps. Dale, on the other hand, was in a t-shirt and barefoot and was totally comfortable. *sigh*


I knock on wood often - it's just a silly superstition. I didn't
realize that a movie had been made with that title. It
starred Danny Kaye. My older friends will recognize that name. 


Everything is working really well (knocking on the nearest piece of wood) and I had an opportunity to cull through a large pile of mail and crap that had landed on top of my CPU over the past two years. So all in all, it was a win/win for me even though my credit card had more loaded onto it. He had originally quoted me two hours of work, but even though it took longer, he only charged me for the two hours. We also had a chance to catch up a bit since the last time I had dropped by, so all was good.


I still need to double-check my back-ups, start working on
duplicate items and make sure we caught them all, revise
my backup plans, oh - and buy some tickets for when Sharon
gets to town in early September. 


Now to catch up with other things that are pending. It's such a relief to not have to worry about my computer again, although I have a lot of fine tuning to do with my backup programs and such. I'll be happy while swimming my laps today because one more thing is off my 'To Do' agenda. Have a wonderful Thursday.


No comments: