Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Was Meh - Just Sayin'

We're at that in-between time that drives me a little crazy. We're at the junction between winter and spring - today our temps drop back down into the 30's and we'll be shivering again, yesterday I was out and about just wearing my hoodie. It's back to the parka today because I don't like standing outside the gym door waiting for them to unlock while shivering.


If I lose weight because of shivering, I could
skip the elliptical today. Unfortunately, I'm
not that lucky. 


It's also the last day of the month - a month that usually lives up to its "In like a lion, out like a lamb" moniker. It wasn't too bad for us weather-wise, but we had a lot of dreary, cloudy, rainy and snow threatening days. We did get Easter out of the way because it was an early Easter this year, but in general, March was a "meh" month.




It was a month that promised better things and I'm not really sure if March delivered. We started the month with temps in the low to upper 20's and we'll end it with temps in the low to upper 30's. We're supposed to be in the 40's to 50's by this time, but we're regressing instead. We had a trace of snow on the 1st of March but it's been raining over the past week instead, so at least we have no worries about the white stuff.




We filed our income taxes for the business and also received and filed our personal taxes. There's nothing fun about taxes - nothing! We didn't get a chance to go out and do anything or see any fun exhibits, although I did get to see Zootopia and we caught some things on the TV. But culturally, March was rather boring.


April showers bring May flowers - I'm
waiting for them. I want flowering trees,
blue skies and comfortable temperatures. 


April is looking as if it will be more interesting, but months that start with promise can end in disappointment. We'll have to see how we do. I'm just hoping that April will be a better and more positive month than March has been. I really want some positive things to report and some beautiful things to look at. Happy Thursday, all!


No comments: