Saturday, November 21, 2015

PIZZA!!!

Those of you in other countries might not understand my total love affair with pizza. Many see a pizza as an unappealing congregation of various small pieces of meats, vegetables, and sometimes fruits on a circular piece of baked bread, floating on top of a sea of tomato and cover with cheese. To many, that's unappealing, to me that's cuisine nirvana - at least when it's made well.


DH ordered the Fire Breathing Dragon pizza - topped with sweet
chili sauce, it features spicy Jerk chicken, pineapple salsa, green
onion, mozzarella and smoked Gouda cheese. It was sublime! 


Pizza - a meal on a plate. One of the better known local pizza and pasta chains in the Twin Cities just opened a new branch this week and, (happy dance here), it's within easy walking distance of my home. DH was meeting a mutual friend for lunch yesterday, and knowing our friend's love for this chain of pizzerias, they met at Pizza Luce.


I think I want to try this one too. This is called Spanish Chicken and
features mushrooms, smoked Gouda, red onions, marinated chicken,
toasted garlic and mozzarella cheese on red sauce. 


I've been totally in the mood for pizza for weeks! WEEKS! I've been watching the construction of the Pizza Luce building on the site where one of my favorite chicken restaurants (Countryside) had been. DH and our friend were seated quickly, although the restaurant was very busy, and, although DH was originally going to have pasta, he decided to have pizza just so he could bring home some slices for me. SCORE! I had a fabulous dinner.


I also want to try this one - their Wild Mushroom and Arugula pizza.
It features olive oil, fresh basil, arugula, caramelized onion,
garlic, wild mushroom blend (crimini, oyster, portabello and
shiitake), and provolone, parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses. 


I'll be eating there again - often if I have a choice. The pizza was fabulous and their specialty pizza options - well, I've pictured some above for you to drool over. I'm ready for the weekend - it'll be cold, but at least we're finally sunny.


No comments: