Saturday, October 3, 2015

Wrapping Up A Season

Tomorrow is the final day of this season's Renaissance Festival and it will be the only cold day we've had since opening weekend. Of course, it is now autumn and the leaves are turning quickly. We'll see much more color on our trip out and back than we did in August. I'm thinking through my wardrobe choices - what do I have that's warm? I know I'll be grabbing my heavier cloak, but do I have anything else warm? We'll start the day at about 40 F (4.4 C) and end with the high at 60 F (15.5 C). At least we won't have wind, but we'll still be outside for the day.


The northern part of the state should be nearing peak color right around now.
Here is Split Rock Lighthouse on the north shore of Lake Superior in the
northern part of the state past Duluth. It'll be very cold there in a few weeks. 


Next year is the final year in our current Festival grounds. The owners have been looking for land they can buy for Fest and other activities they do every year. I don't know if they've found anything yet. For years the court has been talking about burning down the opening gates structure on last day at the grounds. Guess we'll have to attend the shut-down ceremony next year to find out if those threats will be carried out.


Our opening gates are old. Although they are still structurally
sound (given that they have people above the gates for each
opening show, having it structurally sound is wise). I'd love to
see them in flames, though. Fire bug? - Yup! 


Yesterday was more active with Bead Shop Hoppers, but we're still below count. It has pulled a couple of customers out of the woodwork who I haven't seen for a year or two. I think that's one of the best things about the Bead Shops Hop - the opportunity to make new friends and customers and catch up with old ones.

Here's hoping your weekend is stellar!


No comments: