Thursday, September 3, 2015

VACATION TIME

I'll be on vacation for the next few days. I pick Sharon up from the airport tonight and tomorrow and the days that follow we'll be at the State Fair and the Renaissance Festival. Chickie and DH will join us for some of those days, but we'll have at least two days on our own to wander the Fair and catch up on everything that's happened over the past year. Although I'll be doing quick checks of emails, etc while I'm with her, I won't be posting my blog again until Wednesday September 9th. My focus is on my few days off with my BFF. 


My old alma mater - George Washington High School in
Denver, CO. This view is from the south with the
auditorium prominent to the left. There were more than
2000 students attending while I was there, and getting
from a class in 3rd floor east to one in the basement west
was always difficult through the crowded hallways. 


Sharon and I met in High School when she moved to the Denver area. She was one of several people I collected as friends at that time, and now, 45 years later, we're still best buds. She is a Librarian, a fantastic job for someone who loves to read, and has a wonderful sense of humor. It's always a special time when she comes to visit and I look forward to it all year. 

Have a great six days and I'll be back! 


No comments: