Thursday, July 9, 2015

Overindulgence and Le Tour Day 6

I was a bad girl yesterday and ate WAY too much. It was all good, but I totally blame a complete failure of willpower for the day. However, today is a machine day at the gym and I'll just have to make sure that I totally work myself out to get yesterday's indulgence out of the way. See? I was bad, but I can be good again - LOL.


I had a coupon for a free BBQ pulled chicken sandwich with side if I purchased
$5 worth of something else, so I indulged and bought an appetizer of Burnt
Ends. So good!!! I overate and didn't regret it at all. Nom, nom ...


Yesterday's Le Tour route was windy with some rain and mist. The riders described it as miserable. But at the end it was a sprinter's fight with Andre Greipel (Lotto-Soudal) winning the stage with pressure by Peter Sagan and by Mark Cavendish.


Greipel wins the stage with Sagan on the right a few inches behind him
and Cavendish on the left another bit farther behind. Great finish! 


Tony Martin (Etixx-Quick Step) ended up keeping the Yellow Jersey for a second day and may well end up with it through the rest of the week. We have "flat" stages through Saturday, a team time trial on Sunday and a rest day on Monday. Then we hit the mountains for three extreme days in the Pyrenees. I can hardly wait!


Look at that third red 4 to the right. That comes just 20km from the
end of the stage. It could break the peleton apart and cause all
kinds of havoc for the finish of the stage today. 


Today's route is from Amiens to Le Havre, 191km. There are some category hills in this stage with a cat four climb 20km from the finish. That could mess the sprinters up a bit and make it interesting. The weather so far has been misty, rainy and windy. If today's stage mirrors those conditions, it could be a tough day for the riders. Happy Thursday to all!


No comments: