Monday, March 23, 2015

Turning Back the Clock - Is It Winter Again?

We'll just wipe last week off the books and march onward, shall we? Today it snowed overnight, and I'm heading back to the gym again after a week+ of feeling miserable. I probably could have pushed myself to get back to my routine on Thursday or Friday, but decided it was wiser to try and recover completely, and I'm probably at about 99%, so not too bad. It was hard waking up this morning, though. I've been allowing myself a bit more sleep because I wasn't working out. Now I'm back to my 5:00 am schedule.


It's really nice to be back on my schedule. I can't wait
to get into the swimming pool and get a good workout in. 


The remainder of the week should get rid of the snow quickly, though. Even today we'll warm up to almost 40 F, so the melt will be happening. I should shovel, but I'll reassess after the gym and figure out whether it's worth my time or not. I know I'll have to shovel the walkway at the shop, but that's fast and easy. I'm just a bit lazy and unwilling to do a lot of effort at home on the long, wide driveway if it will melt off without my intervention. It will be strange to see white around me again, but it's spring and it won't stay long.


Spring snowfalls can make things a bit harder for our flowers, but we've
had a really dry winter and our farmers desperately need the moisture. 


I didn't get any writing done for more than a week. I just didn't feel up to it. I'm grateful, when I look at the calendar, to realize that I still have more than a week to wrap up some of the prompts I purchased. DH has his medical procedure on Wednesday, and I have some other things that have to get completed, so I'll phone my tax guy and set up an appointment for the 2nd or 3rd. That will give me a bit of breathing space to get the rest of my documents gathered, and still leave him enough time to plug in the numbers and get our return completed on time. If he needs to extend, that's no big deal either, so we can run with it if needed.


Time for a "Drowning Guppy" day again after a week away from the
gym. I'm anxious to get back to work on improving myself. I still
have a long way to go. 


So today is a Drowning Guppy Day and I'm pleased to be getting back into the water and into the routine. I still have a long way to go, so these stumbling blocks will happen and they can't be allowed to push me off course. I hope everyone has a glorious Monday. Maybe I'll get some writing done later this morning before I unlock the shop doors for my customers.


No comments: