Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Returning to Life - Albeit Slowly

It was such fun getting back to the pool yesterday. It didn't take long at all to get back into a rhythm. I should actually start working on laps and speed soon to keep improving, but just being in the water again was fabulous. Today is a machine day - a solid half hour at the bike and then I think I'll try BodyPump again. I liked it the last time, but was sick within two days after, so I've only had a single opportunity to try the program. I think things take more than one try, so I'll go again.


I'm still not sure about BodyPump, but I do know that it hits
muscles that aren't getting attention in my other routines. I'll
keep trying this for a while. It can be fun, as long as I don't have
a relapse back to the flu for another week. 


I haven't had a chance to do any writing, though. My mornings are my writing time and I've been trying to either sleep a bit of extra time (while I was sick) or make sure that I get my morning tasks are complete before leaving (more of my regular schedule). But, one way or the other, it's a joy to get back to physical activity and feel less like a bump on a log.


Sometimes it's easy to see where a plot needs to go. But
getting there is the hard part and the swamps and mountains
can seem insurmountable. 


Tomorrow is DH's sonogram and biopsy. He's not afraid of the procedure, only of what it might reveal. Or at least that's what he's told me. It makes me wonder if he's been hiding some physical problems from me or even from himself. I guess we'll find out what we find out and we'll go on from there. Once again, I reiterate - getting older is not for the faint at heart. It's full of all sorts of scary stuff.


Growing old can be like climbing dangerous staircases. This
particular staircase is the Pailon del Diablo in Ecuador. 


So have a great Tuesday, enjoy your day of sun, rain, snow or heat, and here's your goal for the day. Try to make one person's life a little happier today - child or elder, male or female - it doesn't matter, Just put a smile on someone's face today.


No comments: