Saturday, March 7, 2015

A Night Filled with Disappointment

It's been a night filled with disappointment. After getting to bed early, I slept deeply until about a quarter after one when I got up to take a quick bathroom break. Just falling back to sleep, my cellphone rang (this is why I have my phone with me 24/7). It was my alarm company letting me know that the power had gone off at my shop. Now, sometimes this is a true power company issue, but sometimes this is a breaker tripping. Either way, my sleep was destroyed. I tried to get back to sleep, because the alarm was on battery power and any break-ins would be another phone call to me from the alarm company. Sleep was restless and not great. I should have just left the house, driven to the shop, and checked the damned alarm. But I'll be there by 8:00 am this morning. I'll probably have to get a new battery pretty soon, though.


While hunting for a picture of a tripped security alarm, I came across this
picture with the words "Would Angel Gabriel have tripped Mary's
security system?" I love the concept - LOL. 


So, the gym opens at 6:00 am and I'll be there waiting at the door. I want to do at least 30 minutes on the recumbent bike and 15 on the elliptical before hitting the showers. It's a shortened workout, but I can't do a full one with the gym opening that late. I need that 5:00 am time I get from the weekdays. At least the machines aren't as busy on the weekends.


Body Pump works with weights to increase strength and power. I have
always enjoyed working with weights and wanted to add either resistance
machines or free weights to my routine. This might be a good way to do
this and still have it work into my schedule. 


I'm thinking about trying a drop-in class next week. They have what's called a "Body Pump" class at 6:00 am on Tuesday. That would work in with my schedule if I keep a close eye on time. I'm not sure where the specific room is located, but I can find out. I'm just curious. The class will be held throughout March, so I'll try to catch it at some time or other.


I've got two stories in the works, a third knocking at my mental door, and
I have two other prompts in the wings. Guess I'm keeping busy. 


I'm keeping up with my reviews for B2MeM stories (yeah me!). It's been great reading all of these other tales from authors having their own distinct visions and phrasing. It's part of why I enjoy reading so much - hearing the different voices tell their tales.


I'm grateful the mail issue is on Saturday when I have an extra hour
to post and work with my blog. During the week, I would have
been very late getting a blog out and it might have been missing pictures.
Horrors! LOL


And then, for one more nail in the proverbial coffin, my email account can't list my emails this morning. I normally check three accounts, and my main account isn't available. *sigh*. I'll need to try again, because I can't get this posted properly if I can't pull it over from my email post. So, off to propitiate the wizard of electronics. Have a great weekend, all!


No comments: