Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Day Off - I Need It

I was really dragging by the end of the day yesterday, and decided to allow myself an extra hour of sleep today since it is my day off. I'm going to get my errands done as quickly as possible this morning so that I can get back home and just cocoon for the day. One of my FB friends had a video of a baby bat getting a belly rub yesterday and it was the cutest thing. Just look at this face!


This is an orphaned Flying Fox. Just look at him. Such
a sweetheart. 



I want to come home and wrap myself up into blankets like a burrito just like these baby bats. This is a video, so I'm not sure the link will actually work. I'm giving the url separately just so all of you can look at these little cuties getting all wrapped up and cozy. Just click on the link.


Of course, these babies are actually pretty big. Their adult sizes
are among the largest in the bat kingdom. But bats come in a
large variety of sizes, and some babies are smaller than your
fingernail. 



I've always been fond of bats and other mouse-like creatures, but
since I know many of them carry rabies, I'm not bringing them
home to care for. Today I'm just going to wrap myself up
nice and warm, maybe grab a bit more sleep, get my laundry done,
talk with Aearwen, and relax. Hopefully I'll be over this cold
by the end of the day. 



It's driving me a bit crazy, not feeling well. Last week, Thursday, was the first day I really was pushing it, and Friday was also a push. I gave myself the long weekend to recover and still haven't felt well enough to return to the gym. Well, today is my big push to get over this and get back to what I enjoy. So here's to recovery! Happy Wednesday to everyone!


No comments: