Saturday, March 29, 2014

So, It's the Weekend

It's the weekend. I'll be working hard to help people realize their craft and decorating needs until 5:00 pm, and then I can join other workers who have days off for my evening and a Sunday off. Except....


I love helping my customers with color and design decisions. I am
a stickler for knowledge of process, and I have excellent color
sense. Now if I just cared as much about my wardrobe as I do about my
artwork and my crafts....


On Sunday a trade show is in town. We only attend the show once a year and we need to restock some items that we only buy there. So, at 11:00 am on Sunday morning, or around that time, we'll be putting name tags onto our coats and entering a room that will quickly be overheated, overcrowded, and generally uncomfortable. I have high hopes that we will be in and out within 90 minutes, but know that my partner will want to look at rough stone so I'll resign myself to a corner and a wall with my phone and a good e-book while he tries to decide on pieces of rock to buy.




I'm hoping that we are able to get out of the hotel exhibition rooms relatively quickly so that we can enjoy the first day of 50 degree F temperatures we've had since last October. Warm weather - even though we'll only have the one day right now, I'll quite happily take it!


When my egret returns to my local pond, that's when
I think Spring has finally arrived again. 


I hope all of you have fabulous weekends and that each of you have an opportunity to really do at least one thing you really want to do. I'll be enjoying the thought that the ice still covering my pond will eventually melt and that my egret will return to my deep green waters.


No comments: