Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Running Late - Bondage, B2MeM, and Aging

I got tied up in some website recommendations and photo blogs this morning. Normally I have an hour to write my blog - today I have 30 minutes. This will be a rushed job!


Were you ever tied up as a kid? These days I tend to get tied up in
photographs or text, not physical cords, but they hold me just as
tightly as if I were bound to my chair. 


The pieces for B2MeM 2014 have started to be released. I'm still writing my story (I'd better check on my deadline once more) but my artwork is in the queue. I have beta work to do, but no cat care today. Yesterday was the final day of cat care. Chickie should have returned late last night and will take today off to recover. Tomorrow I actually get a real DAY OFF again - the first (except for my Sundays) in two weeks. I can hardly wait!


I've loved the items released for Back to Middle-earth Month so far. I have one
story and one artwork for this year's challenge. It's much less work than two
years ago. I didn't care for the format in 2013 and didn't participate that year. 


Waking up this morning and seeing there was no minus sign in front of my temperature gauge made me unreasonably happy. Then again, the entire area has been fighting frozen pipes, and any warming trend will be welcomed with throw blossoms and the sacrifice of an appropriate virgin. It's been a simply beastly winter and even though we are still deeply into winter for another month, we might be turning the corner. At least I really hope so. It's become the fourth coldest winter on record with a huge snowfall too. I'll be very curious to see what our final totals are at the end of the season, but we're up there in the PAIN index.


It's above zero! We're having a Tropical Heat Wave!


I must have slept rather contorted because my arm is really giving me fits this morning. Have you ever experienced that? It's one of those mornings when I think I had my arm twisted in some strange position for an extended period because every time I try to straighten it out, it twitches in pain and complains mightily about being forced into a rational position. Although I'm fully aware that I could have caused a similar condition anytime in my life, the creaks and clicks accompanying this are, I fear, just one more indication of how I'm falling apart as I age.


I just don't contort while sleeping with the same flexibility
I used to have when I was younger. 


Getting old is not for the faint at heart!


Getting old is not for the faint at heart, for sissies, or for those who refuse
to think young. If you can't think young, you'll age before your time. 


Have a fabulous Tuesday and sorry for the random segues above.

No comments: