Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Deadlines

We all seem to live our lives around deadlines. I fully admit that I am a challenge and deadline oriented writer. I rise to a challenge to produce a finished product, and a deadline kicks me into high gear. But I have one week to get my B2MeM story completed and there's still a lot that needs to be written. So, after I'm finished repairing a broken bracelet for an elderly lady today, I'll be hitting the keyboard for as much time as I can. It's time to wrap this story up and get to the fun part - editing, deleting, and killing thoughts before they hit the light of everyone's day.


Sometimes we all have to multi-task.


I finally have a day off today and a list of errands that will take me from the south to the north of the city. Fortunately it is not snowing today, and the temps are warmer, so I might have a chance of not spinning out on the road. I really wanted to try and take a test drive in a Kia hamster-mobile today, but I'm not sure I can fit it in. If not today, then for sure next week. I want to see how it handles on snow and ice. I think that's rather important around here.


The Kia Soul looks good from the front and the back. The earlier models
weren't made that well, but the 2014 model has very high ratings and reviews. 


Of course I have other errands to run and do - banking, office supplies, picking up my comic books (yes, I read comic books), several loads of laundry and grocery shopping, but suddenly I'm pushed to focus. "Focus on the written word," I'm hearing in my head. Sheesh! I'm bad enough in normal times, but suddenly I feel super rushed. Nothing for it but to buckle down and get to it.


Now all I have to do is use it! 


Have a great Wednesday, enjoy yourselves and treat yourself to a nice breakfast - the most important meal of the day, right?


No comments: