Monday, February 24, 2014

Random Monday Thoughts

The Olympic closing ceremonies were held last night. I'm happy to have my life back, but I'm going to miss my daily dose of Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir. They always managed to make me laugh and I loved their spot-on but irreverent commentary. I hope they'll be part of other skating events over the next four years. They're a great team. I saw some of the skating gala on Saturday night, at which they were doing the commentary. Unfortunately most of the gala was broadcast in late night and I had to go to sleep.


The three mascots for the Sochi Olympic Games gathered to put out
the Olympic flame. The next winter Olympics will be held in South Korea in 2018. 


Sunday was taken up with fighting ice dams on my father-by-marriage's house. It was friggin' cold out and DH was up there on a ladder with the paint stripper gun (basically like a heat gun on steroids), a hammer and a hatchet. Three-four hours later, success. But I turned into an icicle. After I arrived back home and was trying to read and watch the Olympics, but kept falling asleep in my chair. I gave up and went to bed for an afternoon nap. I was totally beat down by the cold.


Taking a nap can be a wonderful thing. No more chances for those in
my schedule for at least two weeks. 


I'm on cat duty for the week while Chickie is rediscovering warm weather in Arizona. I have the morning shift Monday-Saturday, Anne has most of the evenings. Chickie lives a block away from the shop, so it's easy for me to stop by and feed Sasha. I feed her, water her, and clean out her litter box. Easy, peasy. But it is one more thing in my crazy and crowded mornings. However, Chickie is a good friend and it's not really anything of great difficulty to do, so I'm happy to help out.


Of course, I'm only feeding one cat, not thirty. But I couldn't
resist this picture. 


The week will be cold, but they're saying no snow (for a nice change of pace). Right now we're on track to be the 11th coldest winter on record. All I know is that I'm really tired of temps in the single digits when we should be above freezing. Of course, this coming summer I reserve the opportunity to complain about extreme heat. Fair is fair - LOL.


I reserve the right to complain about the heat this coming summer.


So while I drive to my chiropractor and then on to kitty care later this morning, I'll be happily listening to classical music, avoiding the icy patches on the road, and thinking about warmer times and warm friends. I hope all of my friends reading this have a truly marvelous Monday.

No comments: