Monday, January 20, 2014

Lazy Day and Early Night

Sometimes I need to just kick back and have a lazy day. Sunday was one of those really rare times when I didn't write a thing, watched lots of football on TV, ate food that really wasn't good for me but that tasted wonderful, and called it an early night.


Don't bother me, I'm watching football!


To start, it was the divisional playoffs yesterday to determine which teams would play in the Super Bowl on February 2nd. The first game was my own Denver Broncos against a very good New England Patriot team. But good or not, the Broncos had it in the bag and we're going to the Super Bowl in two weeks. I'm REALLY happy about that!


The final score doesn't really show how entertaining a game this one
was. It was a really fun game to watch and well-played. 


We'll be playing the Seattle Seahawks, a team who has had really good luck over the season. There are some excellent players, but San Francisco could just as easily have been the winner of this game if a couple of bad officiating calls had gone differently. I have friends and relatives who support Seattle, but all I can say is it will be a pleasure to play against you, but orange will carry the day and the Broncos will win it.


So now the two divisions of the NFL have their champions and
we move on to the Super Bowl on February 2nd. I'll be watching!


Of course, it is an outside arena in an area of the country that can easily be extremely cold, snowy, or maybe fair but cold. It's February in New Jersey, so anything goes. Mile-High Stadium is open air and I think that Seattle also has an open air stadium, so that maybe won't be as much of a problem as it might have been for a covered stadium team. Either way, however, it'll be a great game and I'm already looking forward to it.


The stadium looks like it will be a good venue, but weather will
be the question mark and the 10th man. It holds 82,500+ so it will be
a good crowd there to cheer the two teams on. 


THEN...last night was the premiere of Season Three of Sherlock. DH and I have been waiting for this for what seems like forever, but we were both too tired to stay up and watch it. We made an attempt to record it so that we could watch it later since it may not be available on on-demand, but if not, we'll just catch up when we can buy the DVD. I know that so many of my friends probably saw it last night, or were already streaming it from Britain over the past few weeks. No problem. Spoilers never spoil much for me anyway, so go ahead and talk about it. I'm sorry to have missed it, but I wasn't willing to operate on 4-1/2 hours of sleep today just to watch it.


I am disappointed that I just couldn't stay awake to watch
this, but I'll catch it at some point and enjoy it more
when I'm awake. 


So I hope all of you had a fabulous weekend and I will bid you farewell for another day. Travel safely, do good deeds, and play nicely.

No comments: