Tuesday, December 17, 2013

One Small Little Thing...

Isn't there a song or a children's story about how one small thing can escalate into something large? Something on the order of "For the lack of a nail", although I've heard many other varieties. Well, in essence, that's what happened in my bathroom with the mysterious leak.


FOR WANT OF A NAIL



For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.



I called Jack at 7:00 am yesterday, and Chickie worked, and a wall was opened. See that blue pipe above? That's the section of pipe that was leaking. It was a pinhole leak, too small to see unless water was being pushed through it. The discolored concrete below the new section on the back wall is the moisture that this little sucker had put onto the wall. Things are now finally starting to dry out, although we won't be able to really replace this part of the wall until the interior has had a chance to dry too.


It was such a little thing, but the damage it caused was extensive!


So...one crisis solved, others still to be handled. Such as my closet, which currently has two lovely holes in the wall.


Today DH gets to work on making a new covering for these holes. You can
see the framing on the last time we needed a hole in my closet wall to the left
of the current holes. He'll take molding and luan, stain things appropriately, and
mount the new panel. Then I can have my closet back - hopefully by Wednesday.


My holiday cards are almost ready for mailing, though. All of my LJ and overseas friends cards are being sent this morning, my other batch will go out on Wednesday morning. Then I can get back to writing again! I've missed it for the past few days and that's not allowed - LOL. Have a wonderful Tuesday, and sorry for the short post, I'm still trying to get caught up on Emails and posts and am running late.

No comments: