Saturday, October 26, 2013

NaNoWriMo Panic! My Thoughts Through Pictures

I seem to do pictorial blogs most frequently on my Saturdays. I don't have a really good reason for that, but it seems to be that way. I'm starting to get panicked about NaNoWriMo - I was SO much better prepared last year than I am this year, but even more than that, I don't have quite the drive that I did, although I can't wait to get back to my novel. So I'll be diving into that next week.



This lovely rainbow bridge, lit in the rainbow colors to celebrate
the achievement of LGBT rights, is a great way to start my journey today.


Samhain is just around the corner, my house is a mess, my father-by-marriage's house will get its final cleaning on Sunday and after inspection, will go on the market, so hopefully by November 1 (much later than I had hoped). Time is compressing into a solid lump, rocking on an unstable ledge, and just waiting to fall heavily on me. And all I want to do is write a novel *sigh*. So...here's a picture blog that's as rambling as my thoughts.













At this time last year I had already spent more than six months researching
my novel. This year is a continuation of what I already started last year, but
I really should have been re-reading some of the books I had checked out
before starting/continuing the writing next week. NEST WEEK? ACK!!!


My novel takes place in Colorado and deals with the early mining history
of this wonderful and fascinating state. Because it deals with true
history, having my facts accurate and understanding the cultural realities
of that time frame is essential to making the novel both realistic and readable.



The other part of the novel takes place at the Aspen Music School. I was
raised in Denver and Aspen, and spent every summer in Aspen for as
long as I can remember. Since this aspect of the book pulls more on my
own memories, I didn't have to research it quite as much, but I
still spent a fair amount of time hitting the books.



Time is slipping away from me. I thought I had so much time available, and
suddenly, I have none. I'll be writing the second half of this novel
steering by the seat of my pants. 


So there you have it - my reasoning for the panicked feelings I have been feeling as pictured in a random photo blog. Am I ready for NaNo this time? Not even close! But that won't stop me from writing, it just means I'll have more crap to edit out when I am finally able to double and triple check my facts.

But ...I'm a writer, and I'm going to write!

No comments: