Thursday, April 11, 2013

Wednesday - A Day of Frustrations

Sometimes I'm so stupid! And sometimes I'm just so...STUPID! Yesterday was one of those days. With a need to get so many things done, I ended the day up with a ton of stuff unresolved. After shoveling a minimal amount of snow (it will really be hitting the Twin Cities today), the day continued well - an egg white and veggie scramble with fresh fruit at one of my fave restaurants, then I started my errands. I got the shop opened, talked with my accountant and approved the e-filing of my income taxes and purchased an artists pad (50% off at Michael's - whoo hoo!). But after that the day started going downhill.

It has many colors...I couldn't resist.

Apparently to put the contribution into my HSA account they have to verify my bank account information by depositing an amount into the account. I will then tell them how much they deposited and will be activated. Simple, right? Something that PayPal and other places do all the time and something that's usually fast and simple. Except - they say it will take from 1-3 days - yes...DAYS! WTF? It's the same damned bank and it will take DAYS? The deposit has to be made by the 15th of April or I'm in trouble with the federal government. As of this morning it still hadn't happened *sigh*.

The bank and the program are talking past each other...

Groceries were fun this week - lots and lots of grapes, two pounds of strawberries, chicken breasts, a large container of low-fat yogurt, same-old, same-old. By the time I was at the checkout it was more than $70 on mostly fruit! Ack! And I still ended up forgetting the fixings for tonight's dinner. DH will pick the rest up today.

I love grapes, so I picked up a lot of them this week.

After a quick lunch that actually was pretty good I settled in to get my chores for the day done. I have a TV in the computer room and the start button has been failing for a few weeks. It had gotten so bad that it would take more than 1/2 hour of constant attempts to get it to turn on. I pulled that TV and replace it with a TV that I keep in my spare bedroom - "Sharon's Room". At least that will get us a good TV for a while although I want the TV replaced upstairs before she returns in September. The new TV worked perfectly, but I couldn't get any of my cable channels.

So apparently I needed to use this remote to change the
channels. I'm sure it's clear to anyone else, but it wasn't
to me. Like I said - I'm SO STUPID!

I spent two long talks on the phone with Comcast customer service and finally they gave up and scheduled a service call for me. The tech arrived late in the afternoon and it took less than a minute to figure out that I had been using the wrong remote for channels - that I had to use two different remotes to have this TV work properly. So...as I said at the beginning - I AM SO STUPID!! But then again, it seems that I have plenty of company in the ranks of the customer service people at Comcast. Thank goodness for sweet technicians! Of course, nothing else on my list got done at all *sigh*, including my weekly talk with Aearwen or a recolor for CB.

No comments: