Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Snow...in April...ARGH!

Winter is trying to give us one last blast before Spring truly arrives for good, and of course it would be on a day when I have to go all over town for errands before I can sit down with my sketchbook and some repairs that are LONG overdue.  I'm not looking forward to driving on the ice bottom that is below the small amount of snow we got overnight. We're expecting another 1-3 inches this afternoon and overnight anything from one to twelve more inches *sigh*.

Aren't they beautiful? (They're NOT mine, but still pretty.) Unfortunately,
by tomorrow they'll be totally buried under snow. 

Winter - you were a beautiful season and we enjoyed (and cursed) you well and thoroughly. I think it's time for you to leave now, though, and allow Spring to come and join us. Argh!

Income taxes are due on April 15th. It's like the knell of DOOM, Doom, doom.....

I need to see my accountant about one small part of my taxes, I need to get to the bank - again for our taxes. Since everything is due in to the Federal and State governments by Monday, I am running out of time. Tick, tock... I have to do the grocery shopping, and Michael's is having a one-day sale on all artist pads. I used up a lot of pages in one doing the illustrations for CB's Big Bang story, so I might get a replacement ... or not. I'm not sure I can actually afford it so I'll have to check out my bank balance before going off the wild edge.

Can you see the letters? Y M C A

Groceries, and a treat for breakfast to keep my weight loss going. My friend Chickie joined the YMCA last week and is indulging in all sorts of fitness classes both after work and before. I am totally envious. I looked at joining LA Fitness, but I just can't work it into my schedule right now. I think I could swing the dollars, although the first payment would be a steep one, but if I can't take full advantage of it, joining would make no sense. Right now I just can't see myself meshing into their schedule as easily as I want. I'm hoping things will change down the line, though, and I'll be able to join a gym again in the future.

This is Smudge (photo borrowed). Isn't is a darling? He's 18 years old and a total lover.

And finally, hugs and healing thoughts going out to Smudge and his family of humans and cats. Smudge is an old dog, but such a lover. He shares his life with friends of mine from Wisconsin and he has been having a rough time of it. He pulled through surgery yesterday and will be pampered today. I'm not there to add to the love fest, but am sending healing prayers and mentioning him here in my blog because I know that others will add their healing prayers to mine and help him and his people out.

No comments: