Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Remembering Continued - A Celebration of Modern Dance

Thank you for all of the kind comments on my Mother yesterday. They were very appreciated.

Today was the birthday of my godmother, a woman close enough to me that I always called her my aunt. I grew up across the street from her and her two children and still consider her daughter the closest thing to a true sister I've ever had. In honor of Tante Vera, a well-known and celebrated modern dancer who was on a first name basis with Martha Graham and others in that field, I have searched out pictures of dancers to share with all of you today.

The opposing forces in this tableau almost shows the lines
of stress moving between the two dancers. 

Defying gravity - a dancer's forte. She has such wonderful abandon within control.

I kept coming back to this pic again and again. I think
it is partially because her hair almost looks like wings.

Such an evocative pose she is striking here.


And of course I couldn't forget the guys. Gotta love them!

So Happy Birthday, Tante Vera. I hope that whatever dimension you're in now allows you to dance with joy and that all of your dreams have now come true.


No comments: