Saturday, November 6, 2010

Party Day and Not Thinking Straight

So, today is the day of Chickie's party.  I'm looking forward to it.  I didn't write my eulogy yet, but I can speak on the fly pretty well, and I might have a chance to write some of it on my laptop at the shop.  I still need to paint the back of the tombstone, I'll do that at the shop this morning, I'll just put the tombstone into a black large bag so that Chickie won't be able to see anything when I carry it in and out of the store.  I think I'll load the easel this morning also - it's the one item that I need a lot of room to load.  The storyboard, rose petals, seating chart cards and other items can just go together tonight.  She's used to my wearing basic black - I wear black most often at the store on any given day.  So my clothing won't be a problem.  I'm going to have some fun tonight. 


Happy Birthday to Chickie!
Celebrating the Big-40 Today!

Yesterday I started work on a bracelet using a new style of bead that one of the Japanese factories introduced this fall.  I wanted a jagged look.  I was quite obviously brain dead, because after working on it for an hour, I realized that I don't have a jagged look, I have an extra row instead, so that it is three high instead of two high, and basically, I did it completely wrong.  So, I can either continue with the incorrect weave for my bracelet, or I can rip it apart and start working on doing it properly.  I tend to think I'll rip it apart.  That should be a lesson to me to not start a new project that I actually have to think about when I am exhausted.  I'll have better luck with this on Sunday, after I tear the incorrect version apart and begin again.  I'll waste thread, but that's not the end of the world. 

No comments: