Monday, November 8, 2010

Beading Success

So, last week I posted about how brain dead I was, making a bracelet that had no resemblance to what I wanted to make.  So I ripped the incorect one apart and started again last night.  Two hours later the bracelet was complete (except for a clasp) and I'm much happier.  I wanted a small example of what can be done with Tila beads for my customers, and that worked very well.  I ams also working to discover what will be time-reasonable for holiday gifts.  Tonight I want to try a different project and see how successful that will be.  I want my casual gifts to take 1-2 hours to make, on average. 

 This tombstone was fastened to the back of
Chickie's chair.
To see more of my photos, check my Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=101345&id=1183567447&fbid=1701689900435

My finger is in really bad condition under the best of times.  Poking it with the needle many times last night was not really a good thing.  Today it hurts - a lot.  It will be OK again by tonight, but it has a long way to go before it is actually healed. 

From L-R, me, Chickie and Angie eating our salads with chopsticks.
Chickie Mom took lots of photos.  To see
those, check out Chickie's Facebook page

The party on Saturday night was magnificant.  I put photos up on my own Facebook page, and Chickie posted a lot of photos on her page as well.  Here are a couple of pics, with links to the two different Facebook albums if you want to look at all of them.  We all had a fantastic time. 

1 comment:

KathyK1999 said...

By any chance was this the Elegant Tila Bead Bracelet from Beadwork.About.Com? I just started this today. It took several tries before I realized that there were actually two different alternating rows. But it's working up quickly now. I'll have to stop in soon and get more Tila beads!

Kathy