Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Normalcy Rules!

Although I have always been a rebel - the one person who was unafraid to shake things up, it is a bit of a relief to be back to a "normal" schedule again.  Thus, my studio day.  I began searching images on-line last night to help me flesh out the picture that has been on my mind.  I absolutely insist on grabbing some sketching time today to begin putting it down on paper.  But I'll start the day out with my computer work and then at least 30 minutes of getting my recycling ready to take out to the curb.  My city regulates trash pickup by neighborhoods with each area assigned a specific day of the week when trash pickup is allowed.  This makes it very nice because the noise of trash trucks for residential pickup is limited to a single day.  I came from an area that had citywide municipal trash pickup and it was automatic and part of your utility bill.  Up here, in Minnesota, there are many trash haulers and you hire a company to pick your trash up for you.  I know that at least four different firms operate in my area, as well as our recycling firm. 

Eureka Recycling always had trucks that have
been freshly washed and polished.  No scuzzy
garbage dumps here - just attractive and well maintained.

And how would you do?  There was a recent poll on religious knowledge that has hit the news waves.  The thing that astounds people is the fact that atheists and agnostics scored better than mainstream religion believers - mainstream Christian and Catholic were at the bottom.  Try it for yourself.  This is not the whole quiz, only 15 questions, but it will give you an idea.  I got everything correct except for the last question - I'm afraid I'm not up-to-date with current Christian history.  I've always been fascinated in religious views since I am a great believer of Spirit, although not in an "organized" and pre-formulated manner.  I've studied religious history, characters and beliefs world-wide since I was 14 and was first introduced to Eastern religions by a teacher.  But after many years of searching through traditional outlets, I finally decided years ago that they just weren't expressing the total joy of Spirit that I felt regularly when I simply looked around me at my world.  Thus, my beliefs are self-held and not celebrated in groups, and I think it is better that way.  Enjoy your day, I know I will when I pick up my sketchpad later today :-)

No comments: