Thursday, September 30, 2010

Extra Day - What a Gift!

My DH has been objecting about this day for more than two weeks.  For Christmas, he gave me a number of certificates for future things, one of which was an extra day off of my choice.  Today is that day.  I love having the opportunity to have two days off in a row, I can extend my list into two days and that's a blessing.  Yesterday was a wonderful day - I spent most of the day learning how to use my new Silhouette cutting machine.  I think that it has great possibilities and I ordered some self-stick vinyl from the company so that I can do some signage for the store.  I've been wanting to do this since Spring but I didn't want to pay the $100's of dollars that the signage companies quoted to do them.  I want one sign that says BEADS, one that says LEATHER and a sign with our hours for our front door.  Things will look much more professional, and I can then drop the paper signage that I have which will increase our light and allow our beautiful custom-made security bars to be visible again.  They have our Stormcloud logo in them and really are an ironwork piece of art. 

Blick's is my local art supply store - very close
to my home.  They get WAY too much of
my disposable income because I've never met
a sketchpad I didn't like :-)

Today's list, however, is long. I hope to spend today at the sewing machine.  It will be cold on Sunday, although the sun will be out.  I want to be able to wear my cloak, so I want to cut a new hood, remove the lining and finish the edges and inner seams.  Instead of having it be a lined cloak, it will be a single layer.  But it will be wearable and that's the most important thing.  I can always line another cloak.  I still have one load of laundry to do and I need to get to Dick Blick's art supply store.  I was there yesterday using a 30% off one item coupon for a watercolor sketchbook.  They are running a one-day sale today with a 40% off one item and 20% off anything in your basket sale.  These are the good sales and they come rarely.  I'm broke, but I can't turn my back on getting supplies for less money.  Also, I need to pick up a check at my brokerage.  It's pretty much the end of extra dollars that I will have available and it's going to dig me out of a hole right now, however, it won't go far.  That's a problem.  And I want to get to the fabric store and see if I can find fabric for a new pair of pants for DH.  He melted his last pair (don't ask) and needs a replacement pair.   I'm tired just reading my list!  I'm grateful that I got some sketching time in yesterday because I don't think I will have the time today at all. 

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sandi, you might want to look at Oh My Crafts for vinyl in smaller packages, they even have a pack of sheets of all 42 of their colors. It has a nice matte finish too. Poo