Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Looking Ahead

So I get Wednesday and Thursday off this week.  I've had a piece of artwork sitting in my head that I want to try to begin sketching out, I want to set up the band sander and begin working on my next series of boxes, and I still have my laundry (2-4 loads) and the continuation of cleaning up the den to do.  I want to split the lining away from my cape and put French seams onto the wool.  I also want to cut a new hood, although I'll probably draft a quick collar from the existing hood and see what that can do first.  I know, for a fact, that I won't get everything done.  I also know that I HAVE to get some cleaning done - absolutely necessary.  But I am determined to get something creative done also.  I just have to get through today first. 

I loved my Frustration Ball when I was a kid.  I was
able to put the ball into each of the eight numbered
cups in order for hours at a time.  Some people can
do puzzles, I did Frustration Ball and I did it well!

My Manager is frustrated right now.  He spent two hours entering an order in for a purchase and then saved the shopping cart.  When he went back to the order last night, the shopping cart had not actually saved properly and he had to re-enter the order again.  Since he does a fair amount of this by little notes and instinct, he came up with a different total.  I helped him save his cart this time and it saved correctly.  Now he has to figure out what changed between the first and second order so that he can bring the total back to the amount that I had approved.  SO glad it's not me who made the error....

No comments: