Thursday, December 17, 2009

Progress...

Studio Day yesterday was very productive. I worked on Sharon's interior piece and got it almost complete. I was missing one part so I'll finish it at the shop today. Then I need to glue in the liner and I'll be done. Maybe even on time - LOL.
I started the day out with my semi-annual dental cleaning and checking appointment. Thank whatever Powers that I passed the exam with flying colors and don't need to go back until June 2010. My dentist is a lovely person and I really like him, but I'm not fond of his profession. (As a member of the Surf Dawgs, I'm sure that he would rather play his guitar than check teeth.) Then I grabbed breakfast (breakfast quesadilla - yummy!) and dropped by my box supplier. It turned out that they had been robbed the night before. People must be desperate to rob these guys - not a lot of money to be had. Fortunately only money was taken.
Then I went to visit an eclectic shop that I used to visit whenever I was stuck for a gift. I went to the shop to try and find some cards appropriate for Solstice as well as a gift for my sister-in-law. I succeeded on both points. I'm very pleased with the cards I purchased for my Solstice cards (they'll probably be a bit late, but can be used for Christmas as well). They are photography cards of spring, summer and fall views - really stunning. I chose them because I want people to focus on the joys that they will have in the coming year, not the current cold and icy season. Next year I'll see if I can't get to my cards earlier :-) Tick, tock......

No comments: