Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Carols...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... etc. I am really pleased with how many people are making gifts for their friends/relatives or to sell at craft shows this year. We've been seeing people through our doors who haven't visited for several years. And they are rediscovering how much fun making gifts can be. If this is one result from our crappy economy, count me happy!
I do get into the spirit at this time of the year. I honor those who walk the path of Christ or who celebrate the Festival of Lights or Kwanzaa or any other ceremonial occasions, while I happily acknowledge Solstice and the return of the Sun to my life. It seems that this season, although very focused on "buy, buy, buy" and "spend, spend, spend" also celebrates family, new connections, and strengthening the ties between all peoples. This can only be good. So as I wear my Swarovski snowman (kit available - LOL) and my bell-ringing reindeer antlers at the shop (the kids and very large kids just adore my antlers), I start to get into the spirit of Christmas and start banishing the "Bah, Humbug" spirit that can invade at this time of the year. Focus on your personal creativity at this time of the year by decorating a tree, hanging a wreath, writing out and mailing holiday cards, phoning someone that hasn't heard from you in a while, and generally keeping positive in this all-too-negative world.

No comments: