Monday, November 2, 2009

Lazy, Hazy Sundays...We'll Miss You

Yesterday was my last Sunday off for the next two months . Not that working four hours on Sunday is a hardship, but it's so nice to not have to do any specific thing on one day of the weekend. Yesterday was a perfect day. DH and I slept in after a night of watching a variety of ghost hunters trying to find ghosts on Halloween and giving out candy to more than 25 different college students at our door (all female except for one brave male).
After a breakfast at McDonald's (DH's favorite breakfast place) we put gas into the car, bought the newspaper, and headed to Barnes & Noble. DH said he was buying and I should take advantage of that fact. So, I did. I bought three different art technique books on watercolor and drawing techniques, and he picked out another three. I did purchase one additional book on my own as well. That took a few hours of serious looking through the stacks - what fun!
We took our treasures home and started reviewing them. Then the football game came on and I headed for my computer to read fan fiction while DH watched the game. (I enjoy the games more when I multitask while they are on.) In the late 4th quarter, I went out and got subs for dinner and continued my computer reading. Later we both looked through our books again until it was time for bed. A lazy, hazy and wonderful day. I can't wait to play with some of the drawing techniques that were detailed in the books!

No comments: