Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ups and Downs

The road to creativity has some of the most elegant pot holes in the world. I keep making and applying for books and contests. Something things are accepted, other times they are not. My latest disappointment was my necklace for the "30-Minute Necklaces" book to be published by Lark Books. I thought my design was strong and very visual, but it didn't make the final cut. I'll be curious to see what did when the book is published, but I'll show put a picture of my entry below - you can judge for yourself.
Tomorrow is my last Sunday off until Christmas . I remember that I used to really love the holiday season - getting or making gifts for people and enjoying the lights and music. It might not be my diety, but I could enjoy the concepts of "peace on earth" and "goodwill towards mankind/womankind". However, since I have owned the shop, we've been open for extended hours for the holidays and that includes four hours of work on Sundays. That will leave me with my studio day during the week, so at least I will have one day off. So I'll enjoy tomorrow as much as possible because it will be the last for a while. I think I'll sketch and maybe play with my watercolors. Happy Halloween to all of you, and good All Souls and All Saints Days. Good Samhain to my pagan friends who follow that path, and be safe to all of you!

1 comment:

Art Jeweller said...

Sandra, I think that that is one really nice design and in 30 minutes?
I would struggle to do that.
Works for me , though.
Cheers, Hans