Wednesday, November 4, 2009

HOW many Hours?!?

The list of things I need to do is arm's length, and to top things off, I'm meeting my friend Chickie for dinner and a movie tonight to celebrate her birthday. We're going to see "Where The Wild Things Are" on the IMAX screen followed by a late dinner. I'll be dragging tomorrow, but it's worth it. Birthdays MUST be celebrated in an appropriate manner.
My new enamels from Coral at Seattle Enamelworks arrived yesterday. I'm very glad that I ordered 30 empty containers from her - I had forgotten that the Japanese enamels come in a baggie instead of a container, so the first thing I get to do when I get home from my morning errands is to get the enamels transferred from their baggies into their new containers. Then I can use some of the new colors on Terperion and Laurelin and get one step closer to finishing those. They are really turning out nice and I can't wait to get to the kiln and see the next firing.
I hope that all of you have a fantastic and creative day today. I've been working on my drawing every morning for the past few mornings - time to get comfortable with my pencils again. What have you been doing for your personal creative outlet lately? Choose something to do for the next seven mornings - it doesn't have to be anything major, but should be something that you will do for at least 20 minutes. Then stick to it and see, next week, what you managed to accomplish in the week. I'm sure you'll be amazed by your progress even though it was over such a short time. Live creatively!

No comments: