Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th is usually a fairly lucky day for me, although there are certainly people who will stay home on this date. I don't have that luxury, but haven't really noticed any reason to do so either. I don't have any cats right now, but the ones I have had in the past have all been black, and I don't have a problem walking under ladders and mirrors sometimes break. In other words, I don't subscribe to general superstitions.
Sometimes habits can become ingrained into a person and become personal superstitions. Turning in a particular direction, starting to go down or up stairs with a particular foot (i.e., either the right or left foot is preferred), or wearing a particular piece of clothing when attending the games of a favorite sports team are common personal superstitions. But as a creative person, utilizing personal superstitions can lead you into a rut. My suggestion for the day is for you to do at least ten things differently - if you normally always turn to the right, turn to the left at least once. Try writing with your off-hand (you will find it easier to do this if you write mirror-script like DaVinci). I will try to use my left hand more often with the cash register today. Every thing that you do a little bit differently will raise your awareness of the NOW and dig you out of that rut to allow your creativity to flourish in the daylight instead of in the shadows.

No comments: