Saturday, November 14, 2009

Draggin'

So here we are at the end of the week, and I'm draggin'. I've been sick for most of the week, which has not been good. I've also lost more sleep than usual which is also not good. But, since I am a generally optimistic person, I'll flip gears here and say that I did progress one more creative step yesterday by sawing out the mounting disks for my cloak fasteners. I'm hoping to finish the cut work no later than Sunday and form the fastening pins on Monday which would leave the soldering of the bezels and pin backs for Tuesday and the pattern punching and final finishing for later in the week. If all goes smoothly, I'll have these finished and ready to photograph by the end of next week.
We got the new Swarovski colors for the season into the shop earlier in the week. The colors aren't spectacular - it isn't a Purple Velvet and Crystal Copper release (the most popular release that they have ever made - at least as reflected in the sales of my store), but they actually aren't bad. The one that really surprised all of us was the Coral crystal pearl. The photographs that we had seen of it were really orange. But in person, it's a totally vintage 1940's-1950's coral color that is truly spectacular. I need to try and design a piece that will use this color, I'm in love!

No comments: