Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Sound of One Hand Clapping

What is the sound of one hand clapping? It's a zen question, but it comes to the front when two are suddenly one. My DH left on his trip yesterday, and as independent as I am, and as much as I am looking forward to some time alone, it is still odd to not have to interact with someone 24/7. The bed was lonely last night and I don't have to alter my desired schedule to mesh around anyone else's desires. That's a good thing. But I also don't have anyone to converse with and don't have anyone to bounce ideas off. That's bad. I think the amount of time he'll be gone will be just about perfect, but it will take me a bit of time to get used to it and get full use from my unstructured time.
We had a stunningly beautiful day yesterday - blue skies and temps in the 60's. But today we're back to the cold temps that are more common for this time of the year. Autumn is here and the trees are turning golden and scarlet. Really wonderful. We usually peak around Columbus Day, so I'll be looking happily at the last burst of colors over the next week. If the weather is nice on Sunday and I can get the mailbox fixed, maybe I'll take a Sunday drive to look at the leaves. I haven't done that for a long time :-) And maybe I'll carry my portable watercolors along with and play for a time.

No comments: