Friday, October 23, 2009

A New Day

What do you do when you wake up in the morning? Do you think about what you will need to get done at your job? What you need to make sure that the kids make the school bus on time? What you will eat for breakfast? The first thought that goes through my mind is what day of the week it is. That determines when I can leave and how much computer work I can get done at home before I leave for the shop. Fridays are good days - I can hang at the main computer until 7am. I do try to think of creative activities for as long as I can before I dive into the day's work. Thinking creatively is my way of thanking the Creator for my life. But thinking creatively and living creatively are very different things. It is very difficult, in the US at least, to live a creative life.
The world would be a happier place if people would allow themselves to live a creative life. Does that mean that no crops would be grown, no stores would exist, no buildings would be built? No...it means that crops would be beautiful - as they are. The fields would be plowed in a creative manner that was kind to the earth. The crops would respond to that care by flourishing in their own right (climate not appearing as part of this equation at this time), and the harvest would be bountiful. Stores would exist because creativity for some people is in product display and the sales process. It is a valid creative outlet. And buildings would be built to be kind to the environment. Not to dominate, but to co-exist. And that's where the world would repay us by allowing us to continue to live in this beautiful and multi-faceted world of ours. So...start today by thinking in a creative fashion for the day. Spread happiness creatively.

No comments: